Wednesday, January 18, 2017

October 2016 & December 2016

Sooooo apparently I typed and never posted December or October's posts..... So here they are! My goal for 2017 is to keep on top of these monthly posts. Here is to hoping!

October
Goodness me, I keep finding myself faced with the end of the month and no blog post updates to show for it. I try to write things down in my phone as they come up, but it makes for a pretty pitiful post. Lets be real this mommy brained lady is not going to remember much if it is not written down as it happens. So bear with me as I attempt to summarized October 2016. If it counts for anything, I am finally in a good system of getting pictures off of my phone on to my external hard drive.... so at least I win there, right?

October in a nutshell....
- Harrison turned 2. Wow that is crazy! That pretty much seems like the bulk of our month. My biggest little turned a big old two. It was really fun to get to see him love his birthday. If that even makes sense. Like he really understood that this was all about him. A special day (lets be real dayssss) all about him. He loved to sing happy birthday. If you asked him about his birthday he would say, "I blew out candles!" He was showered with lots o love and happiness and that is truly all a mom could ask for.
- We flew to NOLA to surprise Cheech. Chong put together a "met you day" party to celebrate the day they met 40 years ago. It was great fun. Our sweetest friends Mr. & Mrs. Whelen watched the babies for us so we could celebrate. We are so lucky to have such great friends.
- October has been full of pumpkins, fests, patches, friends, and fun!

Harrison
- We celebrated his birthday by going to Storybook Ranch pumpkin farm and out to lunch after. Him and I went to the donut shop and he picked out a special donut (which he only ate the candy eyes and nose off of). We sang him happy birthday about a million times, and he got to celebrate the day with family and friends. We threw him a transportation themed party. There were snacks galore and a Mickey play land toddler bouncer that he adored.
- The things that he says these days are truly hysterical. He just puts these sentenced together that have us rolling in laughter and frankly take my breath away. I have no idea where he gets them, but man its great when he says them.  Some examples: 1) Kellie and I were talking while we loaded up our cars after a pumpkin patch adventure. Harrison goes, "Mommmyyy what chu talking bout mommy?" I was like whah, how do you know to ask that? 2) One morning I was putting pea crisps into his lunch and he was watching me. He then says, "How bout you put some of Harrisons plate mommy?" I of course obliged. I love that he ends everything with mommy! 3) The night of his birthday party Christopher and I were putting him to bed and he said, "get me out Harrison bed mommy. I want to watch football." Of course you do you little stinker.

December

Phew! 2016 seems to have flown by. I thought it was fast with Harrison, turns out it is even faster with Douglas!

I was pretty bad at "Keeping Up The Janes Krewe" for October & November.... So here is hoping December and next years monthly posts are better & more informative!

So far we are 16 days into December and just loving Christmas. I have always loved christmas, obviously, but this year is a whole new world of living christmas. I am getting to see the magic that is christmas through the sweet eyes of a two year old. The simple little things about Christmas that are often overlooked as we age are the things that matter the most to Harrison!

Some Christmas Magic we are loving this December:
-We have to drive in and out of of neighbor a certain way. There is one house that just brings so much joy to our drives. They did it big with inflatable things at Halloween, they did it just as big with Christmas! Harrison doesn't even know some of the "characters" that they have, but we still tell them "Hi" & "Good Morning" all the same! "Hi Mickey Trains, Hi Santa, HI Drago, HI Olaf, HI Pen-gin, Hi Santa, Hi Snowman, Hi!!"
- Lights, oh that magic that is christmas lights. Take my breath away overtime and we haven't even seen any big Christmas event displays. Just neighborhood magic. Harrison love the christmas lights.
- Decorating the tree was one of my very favorite moments in parenting to date. He loved putting the ornaments on (only two were harmed in the trimming of the tree). Of course all of his ornaments were clumped together and one part of our tree is stunningly full. He loves to choose the lights that the tree will be on - boy after my own heart and pretty much always chooses white. Our lights can be white, colored, and flash between the two -- don't choose this option, it give you a major headache.
- Santa, oh my gosh, Santa. The kids loves him some Santa!! He has been so excited everytime we have seen santa, he just kicks his feet and smiles. This last visit he did tell him he wanted a ball for chrismtas and douglas wanted a cookie.

No comments: