Monday, October 17, 2016

September 2016


I am just gonna go ahead and be honest, Septembers post got away from me. I started so well and then I did not keep up. So when I was writing Harrison's 2 year post I realized that I never did more with sept than what I jotted down int he first week. So you will have to settle for the very half assed post that this is. I am not even proofreading it. So take it or leave it. 

Harrison:
- Harrison started school! Cottonwood Creek Kid Care! He is in the toddler class with Ms. Mawy & Ms. Jewlie. They said he has been very easy going, always eats everything (shock), very busy, and very talkative. They send little report cards home each day. So far, as of three days in, we have: Day 1 --> no nap, ate everything, easy going & happy Day 2 --> fell asleep at 130 (the teacher apologized, I said no biggie and I thought it was an improvement), ate everything & happy Day 3 --> fell asleep at 110, ate everything, happy, and as a bonus he was busy anddddd they are working on screaming (face in palm.... I guess its a good sign that he is truly comfortable at school, right?) 

- We get these great little reminder texts at the end of the day that tell us a little summary and what we can look forward to learning the next day. Its been great because H tells me every day, "I play with friends and cars. Ms Mawy & Ms. Jewlie." So this lets me get more out of him. Yesterday they read Pete The Cat Wheels On The Bus. So when I asked him if they read that he said, "Doors open shut." And opened and closed his hands like a book. It was really cool to see because I could see the things that he was leaning at school. We read that same book at home, but I have never shown him "open shut" with his hands like that, we usually open and close out fingers (more like flashes). 
- y'all we are a month out from being 2 and I am already over the 2 year age. Goodness me, this kid is tiring. 2 year olds are still babies but very much independent babies.... great combo huh. I am loving watching the knowledge and growth, but having a very hard time loving the sassy-no saying-boundary pushing-little monster stage. I know we will get through and I am already learning a lot about myself as a mother. phew. 


Douglas:

- Poor guy is full on cutting the top 4 teeth. For as easy of a teether as Harrison was, douglas not seem to be. He isn't awful, but he is definitely affected. In his defense though, H never got 4 at once. D is so snotty and drooly, he has had a fever spike once and then it went down. But all he wants is to be held and warn. So mommy is obliging. 

No comments: