Thursday, September 25, 2014

38 Weeks - mommy intuition 1-1

I had my first vaginal exam this week. Totally not the big scary & painful event it has been described as. Honestly it is preferable to an annual with the duck bill speculum. Anywhoooo with my exam I learned that my prediction of Baby J arriving with the new moon on Sept 24th was unlikely. I was 60% effaced (how thin my cervix is), -1 station (how far into the pelvis the baby's head is, & as far as dilation, I was closed up real tight. And still had a posterior facing cervix. Baby J is still in the ideal head down-face back position. He has been there from the start and I keep telling him he must stay there! 

Oh well, the 24th and new moon have come and gone and Baby J is a happy little boy in his mommies belly. I am officially 1 for 1 on my mommy intuition. Yes, you are a boy, no you are not coming on the 24th. So now we wait! We are ready, everything is ready. I keep thinking that there must be one thing left I am missing and that is why he isn't here yet... I haven't found that "one thing" yet!

Liuzza is making me feel like he is gonna be here soon. She is freakishly more clingy than usually and must touch me. It is sweet and I love it, but it also makes me sad for her. I don't want her to be sad or left out. I know it will  be an adjustment with her and the baby, but I am just hoping for the absolutely best and that we will all adapt and change to our new life and addition!

Baby J Updates this Week:
- Bought shutters for his name above the crib! Trade days was very successful. Shutters have been painted and hung!
- Crib sheets have been washed
- The nursery is 100% ready, just needs a baby. And for me to hang his banner above his crib.
- We went to our first hospital class last night. It was a breast-feeding class. We learned a lot. Especially that in the first 10 days baby must eat every 3 hours. After that you can left them sleep through the night if they will. So that was interesting. We learned lots of other stuff as well, but that stuck with me. I was planning on letting him sleep as long as he wanted, as long as the Dr. says he is good with his weight. 

Side Note: There are currently three different guessing pools with varying prizes for Baby J's bday, weight, & name. They are as follows:
- From the shower everyone guessed his name, his weight, and his bday. Christopher and I apparently must provide champagne to the winner of each category. We have the note cards to double check once he is here!
- Immediate Janes/Demberg Siblings/Parents guessed on date and weight. The prize for this naturally gets to be Baby J's favorite person. Titine (Aunt Chi Chi) believes she is going to be his favorite. Lets see if she is right!
- Baby J Sweepstakes, very much like the Super Bowl Squares. Everyone picked random squares. Christopher and I then pulled numbers out of a hat to assign pounds and ounces to the chart. This game is the Dembergs/McPeek and Janes' as well as a few of our friends here. The winner gets a $400 pot. GO 'head winner! My Dad and cousin Ryan said we should have said Baby J should get $100 and the winner $300. We didn't think about that. Oh Well! Its all for fun!!!
fall mantle + Baby J sweepstakes 

close up


Week: 38

Sleeping: Surprisingly well! I have been doing this Apana meditation each night and I think that helps! I sleep great for most of the night, I get up to pee lots and am usually wide awake for a little after that. But I am lucky for the overall!

Weekly Highlight: My first vaginal exam and learning that I am at least in the early beginning stages of labor. 

Stretch Marks: Same ones I have! My belly button is a perfect circle... it is very weird!

Cravings/Food Things: Lots of sweets!

Labor Signs: I maybe have felt some cramps, or weird things. But I have nothing major happening! At least that I know of!

Missing Anything In Particular This Week: Nope

Weekly Mood: Excited and Happy!!! 

Whatcha Looking Forward Too: McKinney Oktoberfest and Saints v Cowboys game. We have been offered tickets, but it is an 8 o clock game, and mommy cant make it that late. I feel like the worlds worst fan, but it is a long event for us to get to At&t stadium and back home. It is exhausting when not 38 weeks preggies, soooo at a whopping 39 weeks on Sunday I am gonna lay on my couch and cuddle with my puppy and HubsMan and cheers my boys on! And cheer my baby boy out!

Workout This Week: Our walks have downgraded from 2.5/2 miles to a solid 1.5/1.7 miles. I feel bad bc I feel like Liuzza is getting the short end of the stick, but I cant go any further. I try to spend a good bit of time outside with her bc the weather has been fab. Hoping that helps!

Holy belly paw paw



No comments: